Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bearing Fruit For Christ

Go down

Bearing Fruit For Christ Empty Bearing Fruit For Christ

Post by Admin Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:37 pm

Idea Week 5 Day 1

When it comes to witnessing to the world. Sometime when it comes to witnessing to the world. We sometimes are ready to share with the world all that we know and love about Christ. What we need know in the midst of witnessing there is one secret that we will have to remember is the Holy Spirit empowers us to witness. He bears witness through us. When he is allowed to fill us.

A Natural Desire To Share
Christ intends for His disciples to bear fruit. In the memory verse for this week John 15: 8 says the way to show that you are His disciple is to bear much fruit. If you have an obedient relationship with Christ, you will want to share with friends about your relationship. If you fellowship with God’s people as you live daily in the word and pray and faith, you naturally and normally share with others the Christ that lives in you. When God’s love flows through the Son to you and others, you want to share the good news of Christ with those around you. The Holy Spirit will empower you to do so.

The Fruit Of A Life Christ
What does Christ mean when He talks about bearing fruit? Galatians 5:22-23, in the margin, describes the fruit of the Spirit- the traits of Christ that the Holy Spirit produces when you abide in Christ. How does fruit bearing relate to your life in Christ?

Galatians 5:22-23- “The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law”
Read aloud John 15:8, “This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples” What is the fruit you are expected to produce?
___ The fruit of the Spirit, as listed in Galatians 5:22-23
___ Producing other Christians

A vine does not produce fruit just so that a person can eat; it also enables the seed from that plant to be scattered. You are a Christians not merely to produce the sweet fruit of good deeds and good actions.  As a Christian, you live a life that reflects those Chrsitlike traits. The fruit of the Spirit in Galatians naturally flows from your life if you abide in Christ. The result of your fruit bearing is to produce other Christians.
Check the qualities From Galatians 5:22-23 that the world needs.
___ Love     ____ patience   ____faithfulness
___ Joy        ____  kindness  ____ gentleness
___ peace   ____ goodness  ____ self-control

Is love one of the things you checked that the world needs? The world needs love, but the problem is that most people look for it in the wrong places.  One way that you can exhibit love is to show love to your enemy. When a person mistreats you this is your chance to allow the seed of love to sprout. Your life is a witness, but a verbal witness is also necessary to glorify God instead of yourself.  Take the time to give God his credit, but to take the credit would be wrong.

What would happen if you demonstrated love without telling others why? ______________________________________________________________________

If you planted a seed without telling other why how would they know the difference in you.
You may also checked that the world needs peace. When people see peace in your life that is different that the chaos in the world, they will wonder what makes you different. If you never tell them that the peace that you have is because of Christ’s peace that lives inside of you, they will never understand the source.
Another one that you could have chosen was the spirit of joy.  When you are a joyful person you will begin to radiate joy. Instead of being disheartened when you are faced with different challenges you can choose to look at the positive side. People will take notice that you refuse to give up or give into a bad situation, and this is where you can confess the joy in your life comes from Christ.
___patience    ____ faithfulness
___ kindness   ____ gentleness
___ goodness  ____ self-control
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Fruit Of New Believers
As we have learned, bearing fruit can mean having the fruit of the Spirit in your life. Bearing fruit also includes the result: which is producing follower of Christ. Jesus said in Matthew 4:19 “ Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.” You may be wondering how can I, find someone with whom I can share the gospel. One way is to go beyond the comfort zone of friends. To go out and try to become better acquainted with others will help you to witness to them.
Try making a new friend who is not a Christian and see where it will lead you as it helps you to share the gospel. Makes notes on the encounter._________________________________________________________________________
Continue to work on the disciple’s cross that we have been adding to over these past weeks. By now you should have;
*Circle with the word (Christ and John 15:5), then lower vertical bar   the word (word and John 8:31-32), then a upper vertical bar with the word (prayer and John 15:7), then a right horizontal bar with the word (fellowship and John 13:34-35), now you should have added a left horizontal bar with the word (witness and John 15: 8

Daily Master Communication Guide
Today’s quiet time reading will come from Galatians 5 use the questions below to hear what God is trying to say to you through his word.
What God said to me:___________________________________________________________________
What I said to God: _____________________________________________________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down