Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Mark Of A Disciple

Go down

The Mark Of A Disciple Empty The Mark Of A Disciple

Post by Admin Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:55 am

Week 4 Day 1

Loving One Another

Jesus never intended for us to operate alone. You cannot be a balanced Christian if you neglect loving relationships with others. If you try to live apart from the fellowship of other believers- the church which is Christ’s body- you will not experience fullness of life in Christ. The Lord put us in a body of believers because sustaining life outside of the body is difficult. As we stay connected to people in fellowship and as we love one another, we gain strength from one another.

This week’s memory verse: John 13:34-35
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love another. By this all men know that you are my disciples, if you love one another”

After reading this memory verse,
What did Jesus say identifies His disciples?__________________________________________________

Love shows the world that you are His disciple. Loving others and being involved in harmonious fellowship with them show that Christ is at the center of your life. Loving relationships are at the heart of life in Christ. He shows you Himself through fellowship with others. Jesus did not tell His followers to go at it alone but to demonstrate the love He modeled for them. You do this in fellowship with other believers.

Read the following case studies, then write down the excuses that Martha and Joe declined fellowship with others.

Martha loved the outdoors and enjoyed long walks in the woods. Although Martha was a Christian she did not attend church, reciting an excuse that many people use: “I can worship God better when I am enjoying His creation” Members of a bible study group invited her to attend, but Martha decided to pursue outside interest instead.

Joe had given his life to Christ several years ago but had never become involved in a church. Even though members of a church in his neighborhood visited him, Joe declined to attend. A shy person Joe could not imagine himself conversing with strangers.

What Kinds of activities do you choose to do, instead of fellowship with believers?__________________________________________________________________

When you have a life in Christ and abide in Him, you follow His commands. John 15:12 says, “My command is this: “love each other as I have loved you”
Why does John 15:12 say that you are to love others?_______________________________________

Love flows through God through Christ to humankind. Having modeled love for you, Christ commands you to exhibit it to others. Shutting yourself off from the fellowship of others impairs your ability to show love to others and prevents their exhibiting love to you. Your local church represents the body of Christ, in which you can fellowship with others believers. Hebrews 10:24-25 in the margin, clearly teaches that we meet together with other believers.

Hebrews 10:24-25 “Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the day approaching”

Isolation and individualism are not Christ’s ways. Christ brings believers together as a family. We should encourage our fellowship Christians to express love for one another. Worshiping together is one way we gain strength and motivation from other motivation from other disciples. In (1 Peter 4:10 “Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God’s grace in its various forms” ) Christians are to be part of the of a body of believers, using their gifts to serve others and receiving instructions from God’s word.

John 15:9- “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love”
Shows the abundant love God the father has for his son Jesus Christ is the source of the love the Son has for his followers. It is also the model for the love you are to have for others. The depths of Jesus’s love, which led Him to the cross should not surprise you, because it modeled the love the Father has for the Son.

Continue to add to the disciples cross by adding the cross bar Fellowship.
First draw the circle with the word “CHRIST” in the center. Draw the lower crossbar with the word “WORD” written on it. The draw the upper crossbar the word “PRAYER” written on it. Now draw the right crossbar and write “FELLOWSHIP” on it. Under the crossbar write John 13:34-35

Daily Master Communication Guide

Read 1 Corinthians 12:12-31

What did God say to you?___________________________________________________________
What did you say to God?___________________________________________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down