Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Every Disciple's Orders

Go down

Every Disciple's Orders Empty Every Disciple's Orders

Post by Admin Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:54 pm

Week 5 Day 3

Maybe you think that witnessing is something Jesus expects only preachers, evangelists or missionaries. You may even think that Jesus does not expect ordinary Christians to bear fruit for him in this way. We have been reading John 15 and in this passage Jesus makes it clear that witnessing is a part of every disciple’s marching orders.

Read John 15:16- “You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go bear fruit- fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name”

Then answer the questions below.
What did Jesus say His purpose was in choosing the disciples? __________________________________
What did Jesus promise fruitful disciples they could do? ______________________________________

Fruit bearing was not optional for the disciples. It was expected of them as part of their lifelong, obedient relationship with Him. Jesus told the disciples that to bear fruit that would last was the reason He chose them. Along with this expectation Jesus gave a promise: that the disciples could pray in Christ’s name and have their prayers answered. Obedient disciples seek to live in keeping with the Father’s will and to pray accordingly.

Witnessing Is Not Optional

In John 15:27 Jesus once again told the disciples that witnessing is not optional; it is a discipline He expects. The verse says, “You also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.”
Why did Jesus tell the disciples that they must testify? ________________________________________

Although you did not physically live alongside Jesus, as the disciples did, you know firsthand his saving truth, and you experience a growing relationship with Him. You can tell others what Christ has done in your life just as the disciples did. You can tell others about Him, based on your experience.
Read John 15:4- “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me”

Now complete the sentence: I am unable to bear fruit unless I __________________________________

No branch can bear fruit by itself. The branch is part of the vine; it is not just attached to the vine. As the sap and the life-giving power that produces the fruit flow through the branch, they originate in the vine. The end of the branch that bears the fruit is the part you see, but the vine is always the life-giving source.

The Promise Of Christ’s Power

When you were saved you became part of the Vine. You cannot bear fruit if you do not remain in the Vine, that is, stay in fellowship with Christ, you will be empowered to witness. The only way to witness effectively is to allow the Holy Spirit to take control of your thoughts, words and your actions.
If you stay in fellowship with Christ, you will be empowered to witness.

What are some reasons you can remain in Christ so that you can bear fruit for Him?
___ Live in the Word by studying it and memorizing it.
___ Pray that the Father will direct you to witness according to His will.
___ Fellowship with other believers to hear instructions from God’s word and to draw encouragement from the body of Christ.
___ Have daily quiet time to hear God speak to you.

Draw a star beside the discipline you need to work on the most. Then ask God to help you in that area.

Daily Master Communication Guide

Re-read John 15 in your daily quiet time with the master
What God said to you: _____________________________________________________________
What You said to God: ______________________________________________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down