Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter Into His Praise

Go down

Enter Into His Praise Empty Enter Into His Praise

Post by Admin Fri Mar 13, 2015 1:52 am

Week 3 Day 3
The next step in learning to pray in faith involves focusing on who the father is and what he means to you. Jesus did not just teach disciples how to pray. He taught them how to know the Father through prayer. Focusing on Him will continue to set the pace for your quiet time.  It will help you overcome distractions or demands to acknowledge the One whose throne you are approaching. It will help you communicate with Him. Set other thoughts aside as you continue to make a deliberate effort to concentrate on the Father. Praise is based on adoration of God. Adoration is what you do in worship.
Proclaiming His Worth
The word praise originates from the Latin word meaning value or price. Thus, to give praise to God is to proclaim His merit or worth. Whether you are kneeling, standing, sitting, or reclining does not matter. Regardless of how you praise Him and under what circumstances, praise is an important element of prayer. It is to be constant. Praise raises your prayer life above yourself. Praise focuses on the person of God.
Some of God’s names that we may find in the bible reveal His character- ways He works in your life. In Psalm 91 some of God’s names where revealed. Let’s use Psalm 91 to break down God’s name and meaning.

El Elyon: “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty (Ps.91:1)
The term Most High reveals the name El Elyon, the strongest of all gods and the possessor of heaven and earth-the strongest of the strong.
Think about a time when you experienced God as El Elyon. Has He worked out a circumstance in your life beyond anything you could imagine? __yes ___no
Describe this experience of God as the Most High_____________________________________________

El Shaddai: “He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the almighty (Ps.91:1) The term almighty reveals the name El Shaddai, the all-sufficient God.  The name was first used in Gen. 17:1 when God appeared to Abraham and made great promises to Him. God keeps his promises. In Romans 4:20-21 also revealed that God is able to keep his promises.
Think about a time when you experienced the characteristic of God revealed by the name El Shaddai. Can you think of an occasion when he keep his promise to you?  ___Yes ___No  If so,  describe and praise God for being a promise keeping God. ______________________________________________

Yahweh: I will say Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God in whom I will trust” (Ps.91:2)
Yahweh signies the God who is with you all the time. Have you been aware of His presence when you believed that He was asking you to do something difficult? ___Yes ___No If so thank and praise God for it_______________________________________________________________.

Elohim: My God whom I trust (Ps.91:2) Elohim first appeared in Gen. 1:1 referring to God as a creator. Do you regularly approach God as a creator and worship Him?
Think of time when you have been aware of Him as the One who gave you life and created everything around you? Describe it and then stop and worship God as the creator.___________________________

Other Names of God that can help us focus on who He is and enable us to praise Him

*Jehovah Jireh- the God who provides
* Jehovah Shalom- the God who brings peace
* Jehovah Sabaoth- The God whob brings spiritual help
* Jehovah Rapha- the God who heals

Reasons To Praise God
As you begin to practice praying in faith, consider these other reasons God is worthy of praise.
He is the living God, He is holy, He is spirit, He is Love, He is Father, He is Glory to name a few. We need to praise God for who he is not what he does. Praise is pure worship and adoration. In praise you affirm God and express your love for Him.
Show love to a non-christian this week and just write down their response to you afterward.__________________________________________________________________________
Daily Master Communication Guide
Psalm 91
What did God say to you?________________________________________________________________
What did you say back to Him?____________________________________________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down