Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Model of Friendship

Go down

The Model of Friendship Empty The Model of Friendship

Post by Admin Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:50 am

Week 4 Day 5
Fellowship was the centerpiece of one of Jesus’ last messages to his disciples as He was on the way to the cross. He wanted to tell His most beloved followers all they would need to know to carry on His work after He was no longer on earth physically.

Read John 15:14-15 “ you are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his masters business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I have learned from my Father I have made known to you”

Write down the two key reasons that Jesus considered important to communicate to His disciples.
Like the disciples, you have all the knowledge you need to do the Father’s work. The marching orders for discipleship that Jesus gave his followers are the same orders today for you. Jesus is your friend. He set
In John 15:16-17- “ You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go bear fruit-fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. This is my command: Love each other” underline the three things Jesus wanted to happen in the lives of His disciples.

A Strong Body
The encouragement that springs from fellowship with believers also gives you strength to witness. In John 17: 20-22 it describes the complete unity that Christ wants in the body. People who are united in Christ can be effective witnesses for Him. Jesus wanted unity, not division, in the church so that others would believe in Him. A church with member who argue and fail to demonstrate love to one another does not appear to a lost world as if it has something to offer. Furthermore, believers need one another’s encouragement when they try to win others to Christ. Fellow church members can pray for you, encourage you, and help ground you in Scripture as prepare to share your faith. The church can make you feel useful and supported when you witness to persons who need the Lord.

Moving Beyond Your Comfort Zone
Perhaps Fellowshipping with believers is easy for you as long as you are in your comfort zone. You likely have comfortable circle of friends. But when Christ commands you to love others, he does not put restrictions on those you are to love. Sometimes you may need to reach outside of your close circle of friends to extend fellowship.
When you think about extending yourself outside of your familiar circle. The old protest about time may arise again. In order to get thing done you may need to create a schedule that will help you plan your everyday tasks.
Here are some tips that may help when you when using master time.
1. Trust the lord to direct you in all you do.
2. Plan your daily work under the master’s direction.
3. Ask the Lord to bless your plans.
4. Depend on the lord to direct your actions.
5. Discipline yourself to carry out your plan
6. Leave the results to God.

If you manage your life so that you keep a proper balance, you can keep ministering to others without depleting your spiritual resources.

Remember to continue to review your prayer-covenant list.
Continue to study your memory verse from this week.
In your daily quiet time read John 15. This time look for teachings about the discipline a Christian needs to fellowship with believers.

Daily Master Communication Guide
John 15

What did God say to you? _______________________________________________________
What you said to God? _________________________________________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum