Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abide and Obey

Go down

Abide and Obey Empty Abide and Obey

Post by Admin Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:52 am

Week 2 Day 4

One way to sum up discipleship, it is obedience to lordship of Christ. To remain in the Word, or hold to His teaching, means to obey it. You can read the Word, meditate on it, pray about it, hear it preached and taught, and see it demonstrated, but if you do not obey the Word, you have wasted your time.

Read the Bible verse then answer the questions that follow;

John 15:10- "If you obey my commands you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love"

What happens when you keep Christ's commands?
Obeying Christ's commands is the key to discipleship. When you obey them you remain in a lifelong, obedient relationship with Him. You abide in his love, you obey because of the example Christ set in following his father's plan. When you abide in Him, you obey Him.

In thinking about scripture memorization think of a time when you a memorized scripture proved helpful?

As we have learned this week there is an importance of quiet time with God.
When you have a daily reminder of what the bible says, Christ's teaching is fresh on your mind. You do not have wonder how Christ would have acted in certain situations; those truths will be hidden in your heart.

As a review fill in the blanks by writing in the reason of quiet according to what we have learned this far.

Reasons for quiet time
1._______________________________________
2._______________________________________
3._______________________________________

Bearing Fruit
John 14:4- "Remain in me and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me"

What did Jesus say you must do to bear fruit:
__________________________________________________.
God does not want you to work for Him. He wants to work through you. His work is accomplished only as you yield your will to Him daily through bible study, prayer, and meditation. You can bear fruit only if you remain in Him. That is what life in Christ is all about.

Keeping Your Relationship Fresh

When opportunities arise, you often have no time to prepare to meet them. If your relationship with God has been established through quiet time, then you will remember the Word though out the day and then you will be ready for any situation that may arise.
Write down a time were you were able to bear spiritual fruit.
_____________________________________________________________________.
for examples
comforting a friend
witnessing
giving advice
Encouraging someone
Just to name a few.

Review what we learned about daily quiet time.
1. _________________________________________
2._________________________________________
3._________________________________________
4._________________________________________

Continue to work on your Prayer-Covenant List

In your quiet time use Genesis 22: 1-19 for the Daily Master Communication Guide
What did God say to you:______________________________________________________
What did God say to you:______________________________________________________
Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum