Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's In Charge?

Go down

Who's In Charge? Empty Who's In Charge?

Post by Admin Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:38 am

Week 1 Day 1

You Can Choose

The bible teaches that God has given you the capacity to purpose and to choose. This capacity is called your will. The bible refers to will as a desire, intent, or purpose to do something.

Deut. 30:19-20- “ This day I call heaven and earth as witness against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to his voice and hold fast to him. For the Lord is your life and will, give you many years in the land he swore to give to your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob

Roman 7: 18- “I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out

Eph.5:15-17- “ be very careful, then, how you live- not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is”

Read the above verses, which refers to a person’s will, then indicate whether you agree with each statement:
1. A person’s will can be used for good or evil. ___ Yes ___ No
2. God is always in control for good or evil. ___ Yes ___ No
3. A person can always do what he or she wills to do ___ Yes ___ No

You may think that you are in control of your will, but your sinful nature may prevent your doing good. God wants you to do right, but He leaves that ultimate choice to you. In making your choice, you, you can choose good or evil. God wants you to choose His way, and His heart breaks when you choose ways that turn away from Him. This week memory-verse “ It is God who works in you to will and to act according to his purpose” Correct answers ( 1. Yes 2. No 3. No)

When a person become a Christian, the Holy Spirit begins revealing to that person God’s will for his12 or her life. If you have life in the Spirit, you will experience this type of activity in your life.

Describe ways the Holy Spirit begun revealing God’s will in your life after you become a Christian. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.
Read the following scriptures
Matt 12:50
John 4:34
Rom 12:2
Col 1:9
After you have read these scriptures answer the following statements with T (true) F ( false)

1. Jesus claimed a special relationship with those who follow God’s will. _____
2. Jesus said that His purpose was to do God’s will _____
3. Finding God’s will is impossible. _____
4. You can discover God’s will. _____

Jesus said that those who do His will have a special relationship with Him. For Jesus, doing God’s will was like food- a constant part of His obedient life and purpose. You can find God’s will when you are willing to be transformed and to have a renewed mind. So all statements are true except for number 3

Characteristics of God’s Will

God’s will and human will are vastly different. They differ in capacity and purpose. Your capacity to carry out your own will is limited. Even good purposes can be ill motivated and corrupted.
Unlike your frail, human capacity, however, God’s capacity to carry out His will is unlimited. His purpose is always holy, upright and constant. He does not change His on whim or when the way is difficult. He always wants His will to be done, and He sends His Holy Spirit to help accomplish it.

Fulfilling God’s Purpose

When you think about finding God’s will for your life, you may wonder where to begin. You may feel that you cannot think God’s thoughts or learn what He has in store for you. God wants to teach you how He reveals His will and how you can do His will. Doing God’s will begins when you have a vision of God and His purpose for your life and are open to letting the Holy Spirit teach you.

Read Ephesians 1:5-6, 12-14, then check what these verses emphasize as God’s primary purpose for your life.

1. To make me happy ____
2. To win the lost ____
3. To bring glory to God ____

Your purpose for living is to bring glory to God so that His name will be praised. The correct answer is 3

Read the following Scriptures;

Luke 22:24- “ Father if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done”
John 5:30- “ By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgement is just for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me”
John 6: 38- “ I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.”
John 17:4- “I have brought you glory on earth by completing the work you gave me to do.

Then match each scripture reference with its summary statement.
1. Luke 22:42 ______
2. John 5:30 ______
3. John 6:38 ______
4. John 17: 4 ______

a. Jesus glorified God while He was on earth
b. Jesus did , not seek His own will
c. Jesus prayed for God’s will, not His, to be done.
d. Jesus came from heaven to do God’s will

Jesus sought God’s will while He was on earth and did not seek to do His own will. Would a person want to go through humiliation, anguish or even death on himself? Jesus experienced these things because they were part of his Father’s perfect will, not because he wanted them. Answers (1.C 2.B 3. D 4. A)
Jesus commitment to God’s purpose made His ministry on this earth effective. Your development in every part of your Christian life and ministry depends on your commitment to God’s purpose. Can you let Jesus be your example and guide in doing God’s will?

Can you honesty state that purpose of your life is to glorify God?
____Yes ____No If you could not answer yes, what takes priority over glorifying God? _______________
What changes would you need to make for your life purpose to be glorifying God?______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

Daily Master Communication Guide
In your daily quiet time with the master Read Luke 2:41-52
What Did God say to you today: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.
What Did You say to God: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum