Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connected To The Vine

Go down

Connected To The Vine Empty Connected To The Vine

Post by Admin Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:37 pm

Disciple's Cross Day 3

The secret to discipleship is lordship. We have to truly acknowledge Christ as Lord in all areas of our lives. To be like Christ means to do his will.

John 15:5 is the memory verse from day 1
" I am the vine; you are the branches. If man remains in me, and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

From the scripture complete the sentence:
Without Jesus' living in you and your living in him, you can do ______________ to bear fruit.

Here are three scriptures, that Jesus said will characterize your life when he lives in you and you live in him.

Luke 4:46- "why do you call me, "Lord, Lord," and do not do what I say?"

John 15:8- " This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples"

John 13:34-35-"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another'"

A. Obedience
B. Love
C. Fruit
By reading each scripture match each characteristic by the scripture that explains it.

Quiet Time is one of the most important things we can do in order to grow as a Christian Disciples. Here are some steps to help us all get in a place where quiet time is like second nature.

1. Make a personal quiet time top priority of your day. Select a time that will fit your schedule.
My quiet time is/will be ________________every day.

2. Prepare the night before.
* If your quiet time is in the morning, set your alarm, if its difficult to wake up trying scheduling other things like breakfast, exercise etc.
* Select a place where you can be alone without distraction, take materials that you may need like your Bible, notebook, and pen, keep these things in your prayer area.
Your place for quiet time is/will be _______________.

3. Develop a balance between reading and prayer
* Pray for guidance
* You may want to follow a systematic plan to read your Bible. there are some Bible plans that can suggest scriptures to read daily.

Take notes on what God says to you during your quiet time.
Bible passage for today is Luke 10:38-42 write down what God is saying to you through the scripture and your response to Him.
Try using the acronym ACTS as you pray in response to scriptures you may read.
A- Adoration
C- Confession
T- Thanksgiving
S- Supplication
4. Be persistent until you are consistent

5. Focus on the person you are meeting and not creating a habit of having quiet time.

Disciples Cross
Day 1 we drew a circle and in the center we wrote Christ, now here at day 3 write the memory verse under the circle John 15:5
Stop and pray, ask Go to remove any stumbling blocks that may cause you from staying connected to him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum