Elevation, Growth and Faith
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In God's Presence

Go down

In God's Presence Empty In God's Presence

Post by Admin Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Week 3 Day 5
The presence of God is a Holy place. The Father wants you to approach Him with your needs. He waits to grant what you ask that is in His will. He delights in doing so. Now that we have learned the meaning of thanking God for our blessings, giving Him the praise that he is due, and confessed our sins, we are now ready to talk with Him about needs, both yours and others.

Bringing Your Needs To God
When you are praying for your need , you can think of the place in the temple called the Holy of Holies, this is the temples most sacred place, because of Jesus Christ we are able to have access to God which allows us to approach Him in all His holiness with the deepest needs of your heart. In the holy of holies everything is laid bare before Him.
“Nothing in all creation is hidden from God sight. Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account” (Heb 4:13)
Read Hebrews 4: 14-16
In Hebrews 4:14-16 it states that Jesus is our Great High Priest, understands our needs.
How does Hebrews 4:14-16 tell you that you are to approach God’s throne of grace?
With __________________________________________________________________________
You can approach God’s throne of grace with confidence. He is ready to grant you mercy and grace to help you in the time of need. He is pleased to hear your personal requests.

Praying For Yourself
Today we will discuss two types of requests: petition and intercession. Petition is asking for yourself. God encourages people to pray for their personal concerns, because his Word is filled with answered requests. God’s answers to your prayers help mold you into the person He wants you to become. He does not grant petitions that you pray for the wrong reason or that he knows would bring the wrong outcome in your life.
“This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us” ( 1 John 5:14-15)

List personal needs for which you desire to pray. Using the following categories to prompt your thinking, but do not limit your list. Use these sentences to help with your request to God. Fill in the blanks with your petitions
Christ-honoring relationships with others: __________________________________________________
The ability to manage time wisely: ________________________________________________________
Concerns on my job: __________________________________________________________________
Guidance in my vocation: ______________________________________________________________
Physical and emotional health: _________________________________________________________
Ability to resist temptation:______________________________________________________________
Material needs: ______________________________________________________________________
Once you have fill in your request stop and pray about them. Pray for God’s will in the outcome of each situation.

Praying For Others
The second type of prayer for needs is intercessions- prayers for others. Just like in James 5:16 it showed that Jesus prayed for his disciples before he went to the cross. We should pray for others for the same reasons we pray for ourselves. We should do this so that God can mold them into who they should become. God uses us as the vehicle to accomplish His will when you pray for others.

How important to you is intercession for others? Check the answers that describes you.
__ I am too busy taking care of my own needs to pray for others.
__ I intercede for others after I handle other areas of ministry.
__ I intercede for others only in extreme crises, such as when someone is critically ill.
__ interceding for others is highly important to me because God can use my intercession to accomplish His will.
Stop and Pray asking God to make you a more fervent intercessor for others.

List two people that you can add to your prayer-covenant list and their needs. After you add them to your list be sure to go back and describe ways God answered your prayers Even if you only received partial answers. Then stop and thank God for answering your prayers on the behalf of others.
Name__________________ Request ____________________ Answer _____________________
Name__________________ Request ____________________ Answer _____________________

Let’s review: What are the two types of prayers for needs you have studied today.
Praying for Yourself: ___________________________________________________
Praying for Others: ____________________________________________________
Starting your prayers with thanksgiving, praise, and confession before making request means that you have someone besides yourself at the center of your life.

Daily Master Communication Guide.
Read Hebrews chapter 4 In your quiet time today.
What God said to you: __________________________________________________________
What You said to God: __________________________________________________________

Admin
Admin
Admin

http://dopsisterhood.friendhood.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum